Old Times

I just spent half a day with former high school classmates planning our 51st class reunion.  Our organizer canceled last year because we didn't have enough people responding.  You have to understand that my high school graduating class contained sixteen people.  Three are deceased.  We decided this year to celebrate with the classes of '58 and '60, so that we would have enough folks to have a party.  What was the most fun today was reconnecting with a couple of people I hadn't see for several years.  We spent more time reminiscing than planning but it was all good.

The organizer of all this is someone I can only describe as a female "Mr. Rogers."  It's amazing to me to know a person who is as real as she.  She has a wry sense of humor, a strength of character that enabled her to raise special needs children, and a kindness that borders on mystical.  I am awed.

For anyone who's interested, there's a video of my hometown - Gilbertsville, NY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP3RSOgDEMI

Comments