Rainy days and Mondays

Yesterday, our thirtieth anniversary, was another beautiful day in the nation's oldest city.  In the morning we (yes me, too) attended a yoga class - Yin Yoga.  It was just hard enough for me to work up a sweat, though I don't think anyone else in the room did, and today some of my body parts are wondering why I didn't do it sooner, while others are questioning whether I should have done it at all.

After lunch at Cafe Cordova in the Casa Monica Hotel we shopped for an ankle-length dress for Carol because I told her she'd look great in one.  Shopping with Carol is always an education, and an exercise in  patience.  At first she decided the dress needed to be cotton.  Every dress except one was rayon, and that dress allowed the wearer to display substantial cleavage, a feature the love of my life lacks.  As we shopped along St George Street, Carol mumbled something about maybe rethinking the rayon issue.  She said it several times while rejecting rayon dresses.

We finally found a shop where the mostly rayon dresses were more to her liking than the other hundred mostly rayon dresses we'd looked at.  I think the primary reason was that we had to walk into a lovely courtyard in order to get to it; secondarily they were the most expensive dresses we'd seen [Note from Carol: The dresses were also of higher quality than others we'd seen].  I bought the one that we both liked and she wore it to our anniversary dinner at Collage.  In my absolutely objective opinion she was the best looking woman in the room.

Today, Tuesday, we are experiencing the dregs of the severe weather system that hit Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana yesterday.  Heavy rain this morning with thunderstorms, a tornado watch, but it moved quickly through without any damage in our area.  The western sky is clearing a little so we may be finished with it.

I wrote most of this at a Starbucks in St. Augustine Beach, near where our daughter Laura used to live, while my yoga junky wife attended yet another class.  Afterward we had lunch at Diane's, a combination health food store and organic cafe.  We had great sandwiches and drank carrot, apple, ginger, lemon juice - it tastes better than it sounds, and the ginger adds a nice bite.  Carol says it sounds good, too; her actual statement "It's four flavors that I love."  My response "I love many flavors that I wouldn't combine in one drink."  Like I said, it tastes better than it sounds.

This is our last full day in St Augustine this trip; tomorrow we leave from Jacksonville around noon and travel back to the frozen north.

Comments