Last day of August

 I was going to scurry through any thought processes that are still fairly reliable and come up with a post to satisfy the August Musings, but I'm coming up blank.  Maybe it's because I'm nursing my third glass of Pinot Grigio, or because it's the first time I've felt well after a colonoscopy last week, or my right shoulder rotator cuff hurts, or I'm behind on my final edit of Milo's Gift as an Ebook, or maybe just because I'm eighty years old and tired.

My Brother Ken's youngest, Diane, posted a series of photos of her dad and I got teary looking at them.  I miss him.  As infrequently as we actually got together, it was always good.  It doesn't seem fair somehow that I, the eldest of the five of us, am still alive when three of my siblings are gone.  Only I and my baby sister Martha are left.  Life's strange.  

I don't feel like writing anything else this month so I'll post this with my apologies.

Namaste.

Comments

  1. I woke up at 2:30 am this morning, as I do many nights since my husband died in March....Reading.this musing touched me, as I understand the feelings of sadness and loss, and missing loved ones....life is so unpredictable and unknown....we just have to keep our loved ones close and always let them know how much they mean to us.....Tess

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are always from "anonymous". Often I can identify the author by the content of the comment, but that much cogitation makes my 80 year-old brain tired. Please help out an old man and identify yourself within the text of the comment. Thanks for the comments whether or not you ID yourself. Tom