No New Year Resolutions

I resolved some years ago not to make any new year resolutions, at least not out loud.  Face it folks, whether we like it or not, come December 31 our brains are tuned to them.  Just thinking we're not going to make any is a resolution, so we can't get away from it.  I had even resolved not to post anything here on 1/1/11 lest someone think that I made a resolution to blog every day.

I did resolve that I would have the final edit on my first novel, Second Cutting, completed before the new year, and at 7:45pm on the 31st, I completed the last change, saved and backed up the file, and declared myself finished.  That was kind of an 'end of the old year' resolution.  Carol read it during the next couple of days and found seventeen typos.  (Sigh!) They are all fixed and I am done.  I have crafted a query letter for publishers and agents and will be sending it out by the end of the week.

Wish me luck.

Comments