? and more

I don't have a title yet for this post.  Actually I don't have an idea yet for this post.  So why, you may ask, am I wasting your time and mine writing nonsense?  Because it's three am and I'm awake, always a dangerous time blogwise.

Okay so I went back to sleep instead of writing.

That was Monday early am and here it is Wednesday night, post election by a week.  Let's see - interesting haps so far: Texans want to secede; McCain demands more information about Benghazi while missing a briefing about - you guessed it - Benghazi; there's a group demanding the President be impeached; McCain calls Susan Rice incompetent (wasn't Sarah Palen his running mate?); a Florida man commits suicide after Obama is elected; an Arizona woman runs over her husband because he didn't vote against Obama (he didn't vote at all).  There's so much more that it boggles what mind I have left.  My republican friends are in morning while us democrat types rejoice.

As we approach Thanksgiving, I look around at all the things I have to be thankful for and find a huge bounty: health, family, friends, a wonderfully dysfunctional town.  What more could a guy ask for?

Somewhere between Lake Katrine and Kingston city one of my winter work gloves lies in the road.  I was helping my best bud haul some furniture he'd purchased.  The piece was too large for the bed of my ruck with the tailgate up so I left it down and lashed the piece in so it wouldn't move.  I left my gloves in the truck bed.  When we started to unload I found only one glove - they were really nice gloves -- sigh.

All the way down here and it appears I'm still babbling (musing actually) but enough for now.  Perhaps I'll make more sense in a few days, but I wouldn't count on it.

Comments

  1. Minnesota Mary11/18/12, 3:06 PM

    You make perfect sense. That makes two of us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are always from "anonymous". Often I can identify the author by the content of the comment, but that much cogitation makes my 80 year-old brain tired. Please help out an old man and identify yourself within the text of the comment. Thanks for the comments whether or not you ID yourself. Tom