They're Everywhere! They're Everywhere! But will it Help?

Discussions about gun control, that is.  Sitting in our town social center, The Bakery, I picked up the conversation of two couples in the next booth above the chatter of our two youngest grandkids.  They were replaying the many varied opinions popular in newspapers and TV.  Our social media are rife with posts about it on both sides of the issue.   A friend is trying to organize a busload to march on Washington, probably to join many other busloads I would speculate.

Have we finally reached a tipping point in the actions needed?  I wish I knew the answer.   The gun control proposals being tossed about are a rational first step but not a solution.  We in the USA need a general attitude adjustment.  Good luck with that.

I keep rereading Michael Moore's Celebrating the Prince of Peace in the Land of Guns.  Though I think he goes overboard in many of his films, this letter is spot on.   It's long but worth the time to read it through.




Comments