A Beard or not a Beard? That is the Question.


I have a beard, have had for the last forty-two years.  It's scruffy because my hair curls, making it pretty much uncombable, and because it's not dense (I must have some Native American blood) it is kinda scraggily, but it is without any doubt, a beard.  I see so many men today with what I classify as stubble or even five-o'clock shadow, not a beard.  Two examples:  Robert Downey Jr. and Hugh Jackman.  I only use them because almost everyone on the planet has seen a recent photo of them.  They both look like they need a shave, not like they have a beard.  Maybe one could assume they are trying to grow a beard, but never, never that what they are currently sporting is a true beard.  Anything less than a half inch long really doesn't qualify.

Now I don't know if the world of boy-girl interaction has changed since I was a somewhat marginalized member, but the early stages of beard growth tend to itch the wearer and scratch the love interest.  Is this stubble soft?  Is there a new lotion that makes this micro-inch hairiness soft?  All I can say is "where was I when it was being passed out?"  New beards itch - end of story.  Now I imagine that several woman out there in internet land are saying "Come on Hugh scratch my face." or something less publicly utterable.  But really ladies, if you've never experienced a stubble go talk to someone who has before you take that step.  I'm sure you can find someone.

And guys enough indecision; either grow a beard or shave, so you don't give your dates a rash.

Comments

  1. 'Tis all too true. Stubble results in a brilliant rash.

    The husband has learned: stubble = no kisses.

    Of course, he still persists in indulging the indecisive stubble because the ladies love it. It wins him flirty looks, hair flips and sly smiles.

    It's all fine and dandy, ladies, until you're the the one chafed by the prickle bush.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are always from "anonymous". Often I can identify the author by the content of the comment, but that much cogitation makes my 80 year-old brain tired. Please help out an old man and identify yourself within the text of the comment. Thanks for the comments whether or not you ID yourself. Tom